9.28.2010

Did I mention...

I'm applying for BYU's visual arts program next month?
Well I am.

And I'm pretty darn thrilled about it! It took me 2 years of college and 3 drastically different declared majors to figure out that what I want to be when I grow up is what I've always wanted to be:
an artist.

I need to create in any form possible.

Did you know I take photos? (duh.)
But did you know I make jewelry? Stained glass? Paint? Sketch? Sew? Cut, paste, and build?
Well I do.

And I guess I'm saying all this because it's a part of me that I've kept locked up for a while. {Not exactly sure why... }

For the first time in 3 years I'm taking an art class. And it's opened Pandora's box! (probably not the best metaphor. Lets pretend Pandora is an artist and her box is full of a myriad of art supplies :) Well the box has been opened and the reality of me doing anything other than create seems almost hysterical. I'm really excited about the projects I've been working on and as soon as I get some photos I'll share them with you.

for now, a sneak peek:


3 comments:

  1. claire you are SO artistic! and yes you need to post more of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kara Lynn..and congrats on deciding what you want to be when you grow up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to art and artists! And good riddance to Guido and all his murky and deviant relatives as well. Best not be showin' your spiky faces around here. Pfffft.

    ReplyDelete