6.18.2010

In Sickness and In Health...

to my sweetheart,

Hey Love. It's me, your soon to be wife. Right now you are at the house, our house, refinishing the sink. You finished the tub. Put up blinds, sanded, painted, and spat your sunflower seeds all over the floor. You did this all while listening to that funny music you listen to. That music that you sing to me. And you did it while looking so rugged and handsome. You've been doing this for the past few weeks. This past week I've laid in bed (or on the bathroom floor), feeling pathetic and helpless. You came to me and brought me sunflowers and stool softener (as a remedy to my reaction to painkillers). You brought me my favorite limeade and your favorite candy. You stroked my hair and kissed my tummy better. You put a headband on me while i was throwing up to keep the hair out of my face. You held my hand at the hospital, told me i was pretty when i looked my worst. rubbed my stinky feet. prayed for me and blessed me. Woke up to my calls in the middle of the night and built me up. Wiped away my tears but let me cry. Cause i needed to cry. A lot. Encouraged me. Loved me.

You know what? This past week has been the hardest of my life. And you know what else? It has been the greatest of blessings. I hope you know how much i appreciate you. I'm sorry I haven't been all coherent this past little bit. This drug induced stupor will end soon (i hope).

What i do remember is you.
You by my side.

I love you more now than I ever have before.
I just love you.

xoxo
your (almost) wife



(photo by Matt Clayton (duh) doesn't he look soooooo dashing?! :)

3 comments:

  1. this post is such a darling. so cute. ^^

    http://lemontartsweetheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love this. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i almost feel out of place posting a comment without a horse in my pic... haha but anyway, yes, this is so precious. I'm so sorry you had to go through such a hard time, but now you know how to do that together! Hard times make the heart soft when there's love in the mix. Speedy recovery and good luck for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete