12.14.2011

22

my man brought this to me at 12:01 this morning.

It was quick little party and then back to finals...
normally I'd be a baby about my birthday (just ask my family about last year....) It falls at a very busy time, I'm usually nose deep in finals, and family and friends are busy too so celebrations get postponed (sometimes till January!). This day was no different, busy busy busy. I pulled another almost all-nighter (I did get two hours of shut eye) had a scheduled final at 7 am came home and slept. I woke up to Denny's country fried steak (my favorite) and snuggled with my man for a good hour before he left for work. I just finished my 4th out of 5 finals! And am now going to finish watching Breakfast at Tiffany's and eat more ice cream "with my by myself" ;) . not a very birthday-ish day but somehow I'm ok with it all. I think 21 year old me grew up a lot. I'm ok with myself, I'm just happier. even if that means being alone on my birthday, It just feels good to be alive ya know? To look back and see I've survived 22 years on this crazy earth and that I might have accomplished some things and become a bit of a better person too is just a bonus!

Thank you to everyone whose made me feel so special! I'm happy to have phone calls/texts from friends and family who are equally busy with life, just to wish me an extra special day. Happy for dinner with my besties last night and counting down the seconds till 12 this morning with Brandon. happy for my date with brandon tomorrow and dinner with family on friday. I'm even happy for silly facebook birthday wishes. yup.

happy happy happy

hey 22 year old me! I have a feeling this year is going to be big :)

5 comments:

  1. happy birthday! even during finals, i hope it's a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's so sweet! :) Happy happy birthday! I hope you get to celebrate it even more, soon!

    P.S. I'm having a giant giveaway right now, maybe you could win a few more bday presents?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you do have the forever birthday, it seems, but we are ending it early this year! Tomorrow night! Much loves,

    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. CLAIRE! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) For reals. I hope you've made it through finals wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete