6.05.2010

walk-about

I've been needing some fresh air.
no, not the kind you can find when you walk out your front door...
no, the fresh i'm talking about can't easily be found.

I learned that after I went searching for it on my 45 min run around the neighborhood.

nope, that wasn't the fix i was looking for.


so my dad and I went up provo canyon to stewart falls.

for a "real" run
and "real" fresh air.

but I have to be honest, the run didn't last long.

it turned into more of a
walk-about
if you will.


real fresh air can do a lot of good for the soul.

My dad always says "If God has something important to tell you, he'll tell you on a mountain." or at least something along those lines. he's a mountain man. And he knows these sorts of things.

he was right.
the closer we got to the top the more relieved I felt.
and then when we finally reached the falls
I felt myself let go.
I let go of worries
and stress
and burdens.

It's like the spray from the falls was washing it all away.

and I feel nourished.
physically.
spiritually.
mentally.

and finally today:
emotionally.

It's like I was Allison in Wonderland. I had lost a bunch of my "muchness".
But I think I've gotten most of it back...

So I'll probably be stopping in more regularly.
...I've got a lot of catching up to do...

Hope you all are having a lovely saturday :)

xoxox
Kitty

p.s. if you've lost your "muchness" I suggest a walk-about.


2 comments:

  1. I love hiking to stewart falls!!! I know perfectly what you said about feeling filled in all those ways. :) Ah, nature is healing for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. claire can i just say how wonderful of a writer you are. you express yourself so well, something i'm not too good at.

    ReplyDelete