12.19.2013

wiser too



So much has happened in the last year, in the last few months, and I've hardly had a moment to sit back and realize it till now. I turned 24 last week, and for the first time I actually feel wiser. I think wisdom comes from experiences and circumstances that are out of your control. If I chose my trials they wouldn't teach me a thing. But a lot has happened in a year and it's required that I grow up. I had no say in the matter. I'll always remember my 23rd birthday, and the day after that changed my life. I won't get into the whats and whys cause frankly, there aren't important for anyone but me. But my life changed. And I'm really proud to be at 24 in a mostly solid piece, and wiser, nonetheless.

amongst other big things that aren't so cryptic from my 23rd year:
-had my final show
-got a new job
-finished 4 months of student teaching (and graduated college!)
-grew my hair out a mile long
-chopped my hair
-watched all of breaking bad

*photo from my NY trip last november, thought it fitting since I'm headed there tomorrow for the holidays!



3 comments:

  1. I watched all of breaking bad in my 23rd year too. We have so much in common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !!! Yes. If we lived closer we'd watch all of the Netflix together.

      Delete