5.20.2011

tunes



if i were to turn my ipod on shuffle, it might go a little something like this:

blue spotted tail: fleet foxes
hotel yorba: white stripes
it aint me babe: june and johnny cash
these days: nico
chicago: sufjan stevens
fortunate son: CCR
look up: bradley hathaway
road sweet home: brandon white (aka my darling husband)
she belongs to me: bob dylan
wake me up before you go-go: wham
butterfly nets: bishop allen
white shoes: conner oberst

and then I'd likely put that last song on repeat and listen to it again and again and again.


what's playing on your ipod?



***it's a well known fact in my family that i'm no finder of great music. luckily both my sister and husband have good ears. so heres a shout-out to you guys! If it weren't for you my list would consist of B. spears and disney soundtracks...

***only a few more days till this giveaway ends!



8 comments:

  1. I enjoy the fact that Look Up and Butterfly Nets are on here. :) Thanks for the shout out tissa. I wish you were here to randomly drop in with your husband and keep me company. Luff.
    -rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, First Aid Kit, Lykke Li, Bon Iver, and Neil Young are taking over my itunes.

    I think it's all this rainy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last few days: Belle & Sebastian, Radiohead, The Shins, Death Cab for Cutie, and Gran Ronde.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Avett Brothers, Band of Horses, and Bobby Bare Jr. are always good. I get a lot of my music from a podcast called "KEXP Song of the Day." Carmen should take note.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have an ipod. But I do have some nice cassettes by Simon and Garfunkle, Bread, and Dan Fogelberg. Technology so confuses me...

    So do word verifications. Pnonchl? Please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Keep the Car Running" -Arcade Fire
    "Sundress" -Ben Kweller
    "Dream A Little Dream Of Me" -Ella Fitzgerald
    "Someone To Watch Over Me" -Ella Fitzgerald
    "Canal Song (End of Sentence)" -Ian Archer
    "Wolves" -Josh Ritter
    "Love Like Crazy" -Lee Brice
    "She Moves in Secret Ways" -Polly Paulusma
    "White Daisy Passing" -Rocky Votolato
    "Gotta Have You" -The Weepies
    "The End's Not Near" -Band of Horses
    "Rock & Roll Queen" -The Subways
    "Hide and Seek" -Imogen Heap
    "Goodnight and Go" -Imogen Heap
    "To Be Along With You" -Sufjan Stevens
    "Champagne Supernova" -Matt Pond PA
    "You Got Me All Wrong" -Dios Malos
    "Trouble Sleeping" -The Perishers
    "Popular Mechanics for Lovers" -Beulah
    "Honey and the Moon" -Joseph Arthur

    ...just to name a few

    ReplyDelete
  7. if you like that kind of music, you should check out:
    1. God & Satan by Biffy Clyro,
    2.pretty much everything by Mumford and Sons if you haven't already fallen in love with them,
    3. Everybody knows by John Legend
    4. Girls just wanna have fun by greg laswell
    5. The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel
    6. On and On by tenth avenue north
    7. Somewhere only we know by Keane

    ReplyDelete
  8. we are music twins. i thoroughly enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete